This herbalicious bread, made by Chip and served at our annual Holiday Party in December, was a real hit.
It is simple to make and wonderful to eat.
This recipe was lifted shamelessly from the Baker Bettie website.
EASY NO-KNEAD SKILLET BREAD
This is the easiest no-knead skillet bread. Just mix all of the ingredients together, let the dough rise, put it in a pan and bake! You won’t get your hands or counters messy.
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 & 1/4 tsp if measuring from bulk yeast)
- 2 cups (16 fl oz, 473 ml) lukewarm water
- 1/2 TBSP Morton kosher salt (use 1 TBSP if using Diamond Kosher)
- 4 & 1/3 cups (18.4 oz, 515 gr) all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- Combine yeast and warm water in a large bowl or pitcher.
- Using a wooden spoon add in 1 cup of the flour and then the salt and mix until combined. Stir in the rest of the flour, one cup at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid that is not shut completely. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Do not punch down the dough. Lightly oil the bottom of a cast iron skillet (a 10″ or 12″ skillet works well).
- Sprinkle a good amount of flour on top of the dough and then cover hands with flour. Take all of the dough and shape into a disk. (it will be sticky)
- Place in the skillet, cover loosely with a towel, and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Drizzle a little more oil over the top of the bread, and slash the dough with a knife creating an X. Sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary leaves.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is a deep brown color.
All text ©Baker Bettie.
Recipe Permalink: http://bakerbettie.com/easy-no-knead-skillet-bread/