Annette told us about this soup at Garden Clean Out and has graciously shared her recipe.
It uses peppers, the “Herb of the Year”.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash, halved and deseeded
- Olive oil
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Cayenne pepper, minced (if you like it hot)
- 1 Pack (26 oz) strained tomatoes (Pomi)
- 4 Cups veggie soup (Imagine)
- 1 Can (13.5 oz) Coconut milk (from Trader Joe)
Drizzle the squash with olive oil and bake for about 45 min until tender.
Cool and scoop out the squash.
Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté shallots and curry powder. Add ginger, Cayenne, tomatoes, squash and veggie soup.
Simmer for 10 min. Add coconut milk.
Blend soup in a blender.
Add fresh cilantro or sage, seeds fried in butter.
Enjoy! Be careful with the Cayenne, it is very hot!