Carol’s Anise Hyssop Cordial
Sip this refreshing cordial as is or with sparkling water. Shared by Carlotta P.
- 20-30 Anise Hyssop Leaves
- ½ cup fresh cherries pitted
- ½ cup cranberries dried
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup prunes chopped
- 3 cups Vodka
- Put all the ingredients in a glass jar
- Add the vodka
- Take a chopstick to poke about and ensure air bubbles escape
- Place lid on jar.
- Label and date! (important!!)
- Put away in a cool area, away from sunlight.
- It’s a great idea to shake the concoction a few times during the week.
- Wait excitedly to check it out!
- It can be ready in a couple of weeks but I always wait 1 month.
- Strain. Measure the remaining liquid.
- Add equal amount simple syrup.
- Mix well. Transfer to another glass container with lid.
- I store mine in a glass jar with label. Refrigeration isn’t necessary, but I keep mine there.